Wednesday, January 2, 2013

the year of me


 cheers to 2013 starting off with a bang.
2012 was a great year. 
beyond great. 
I did a lot of self discovery. 
I found a couple of new cities that i adore.
I visited family and had reunions with my college friends.
I turned 25 (but don't get crazy, i still think im 22).
I fell in love and fell out of love.

Then i fell in love again,
but this time it was with myself and my best friends.
I am so grateful for the people in my life. 
2012 was the year of friends, for sure. 

That being said, 2013 is going to be the year of me.

I try to make a New Year's resolution every year. 
The past 3 years its been the exact same resolution...
and I've broken it by January 2nd every time 
This year, I'm going to try something a little different. 
instead of a 2013 resolution,
I've got Hopes for 2013. 
There's a whole list of them written in a journal that I've finally decided to break in
(a 2009 college graduation gift)
but the most important, all encompassing one is at the very top. 


To Find Passion. 
I want to find passion in all areas of my life this year. 
I want to be passionate about my work, my friends, my family,
my faith, philanthropy, health and even social life. 
This year I'm going to take risks. 

I want to be out of my comfort zone, and in unchartered territories. 
I hope that there are times when im terrified to take the next step.
and i pray that next step will be one in the right direction.
and if, in fact, its not in the right direction i hope that another path opens up.
because at this time next year,
 i hope to look back and say
"2013 was the best year yet".

No comments:

Post a Comment