Friday, August 23, 2013

twenty six.

I thought that things were supposed to slow down as you got older?
No more running around like crazy,
parties and overscheduling is a thing of the past.
well not this old lady.
26 has kept me on my toes so far!

This past month has been a very exciting one!
If the rest of my late twenties continues this way,
it will be a very exciting 1/2 of a decade.

One of my closest friends here in Atlanta and I
decided to put our talents/passions/excellent teamwork to use
and start our very own interior design/decorating company.
Along with this has come a couple of long nights
a whole lot of hours spent shopping
money forked out up front
1 almost completed project and hopefully very soon
1 very happy first official "W.A. Interiors" client!
We will soon be launching an online product store
filled with vintage and repurposed finds
(Don't worry, i'll be posting it everywhere for you to see when it happens).

This, of course, is a side job/free lance/spend all of our spare time venture for now.
But who knows later on down the road?
I am learning to rely on God's perfect plan and not worry too much about the future.
This is a very hard lesson to learn, in case you were wondering.

On to the next very exciting thing--
just a few days short of my 26th birthday
I woke up to the most amazing text message I've ever received.
For once, I didnt care that my phone beeped 3 mins before my alarm was set to go off!
My best friend and her husband set out on a journey to expand their family a couple of years ago.
After a lot of trials and tribulations,
a perfect baby boy was born and papers were signed.
This 7lb7oz 5-fingered 5-toed baby was adopted into the most wonderful family.
I fell instantly in love the second I found out about him,
and fell even harder the first time I got to hold him.
I have prayed (along with a lot of other people) for this baby for a long time.
I am ecstatic that the newest love of my life is here,
and perfect as can be.

I spent 26 celebrating in a completely different way than I did 25.
25 left me with a hangover so intense that it was hard to imagine living the next day.
26 was spent calmly gathered with a couple of friends at my house,
and then continued with my favorite mountain man,
in a mountain house located in the middle of Georgia
(where we thought there was a mountain.)
(there was no mountain. only foothills.)


We ate at restaurants, filled with traditions and locals and amazing southern food.
We slept in a gorgeous log cabin,
with nothing surrounding us but trees and gorgeous views.
We enjoyed a high school football game, where we know noone who attends high school.
I made Charles' favorite breakfast, captn crunch french toast.

It was an all around perfect birthday.
i was reminded all day long of how blessed I am to see 26
and have so many friends and family to celebrate with me.

This weekend I will be traveling back to the big town of Sumter,
where i will reunite with so many hometown friends
to celebrate one of our very favorite friends who passed away last year.
I am excited to see everyone,
and have a great time remembering such a sweet guy
I miss Keith tremendously,
and I am reminded of it everytime i see my high school friends.
There is a very important part of us missing,
and this weekend we will do our best to celebrate that piece of the puzzle.

In other exciting (aka exhausting) news,
i'm in the process of (hopefully!) buying a car.
Car shopping should be fun.
I am quickly learning that it is not.
Not at all.
I hate banks (even though I work for one).
I hate dealerships (even though they have what I want).
I hate carfaxes and VIN numbers. Emissions tests and gas mileage.
I hate it all.
My 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Buck, said we'd have flying cars by now.
Ms. Buck was a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment