Monday, April 29, 2013

monday blues

monday mornings have never been my favorite, but especially this Monday morning. 
It is cold and dreary and rainy and muggy, and I woke up alone in my bed. 
Charles came to visit this past weekend and unfortunately had to leave me yesterday.
Which means its me and Violet, curled up in my queen sized bed,
missing one very sepcial 6'8" man to snuggle with us.


(Who am I kidding?  Vi is glad to have her bed back without a hairy giant in her spot)

thursday night started out just perfect.
i got home from work, finished up some cleaning
and started cooking- i am determined to prove that i CAN be domestic
(do you think he'll let me be a stay at home wife if I master his favorite recipes?)
but of course, nothing in our lives are easy so
just as I was putting this yummy mexican lasagna in the fridge to bake for Friday's dinner, 
I got a phone call "my truck broke down, I need you to come get me. I'm 90 miles outside of Atlanta"
my initial reaction was "quit joking, youre not as funny as you think"
which was quickly followed up by a "no, but for real. I'm in a state park in Crawfordville, GA"

So I threw on some yoga pants and poured my glass of red wine in to a tumbler
(sorry, mom. it was only half full!)
and hit the road.  all the way to crawfordville, where the closest stop light is 20 miles away
and the only reason this town exists is because Sweet Home Alabama was filmed there.

I would normally complain about this little wrench in our plans,
but all this meant was that I got to spend an extra hour and a half in the car with Charles
and that he had to get up with me early Friday morning and drive me to work. 
Which means he also had to come eat lunch with me
(trickery at its finest) 

Friday after work we chowed down on the lasagna that I prepared on Thursday
(complete with chips & queso and corona. perfect fiesta!)
 and then we hit the town. 
This is Charles' first time visiting me in Atlanta, even though I've lived here for 3 years now
so of course I had to bring him to all of my favorite bars, starting at Lost Dog. 
we gave him a tour of Buckhead which resulted in a lazy not-so-feel good saturday afternoon.
The original plan was for a fancy dinner at Chops Lobster Bar,
but with a broken transmission, a towing fee, a tire blowout and a rental car to get him back to SC,
I decided that I would throw Charles a bone and not make him take me out for a $200 dinner.
(worlds best girlfriend, yep. i know)

So Ornsby's it was.  With my favorite girlfriends. 
Come to think of it, Charles was the only male around all weekend,
surrounded by all of my pretty friends.
(worlds best girlfriend, again.)
We played a game of Clue,
became obsessed with Vine
got in a verbal altercation with a waitress
(ok, that was just me)
and ate the most amazing Pimento Cheese Fritters you've ever tasted

Saturday night was supposed to be spent out on the town with the girls again,
but instead I decided to take advantage of Charles' last night in town
So we watched a movie
(Country Strong, duh)
and slept. a lot of sleep.

Sunday we ventured to Marietta for a rainy day lunch with Bethany & Andrew
It was so nice to see them get along with Charles,
because they were not fans of the last bf, to say the very least.
(I see a big time bromance in our future, B)

Then 4:30 came.  The time we had decided that Charles would leave me.
It was pouring rain, we packed his bags and loaded the car
and I stood there and cried, just like out of a movie.
hair soaking wet, barefoot and makeup down my face.
(Only I don't have a hair & makeup team to make me look pretty while crying in the rain)

in conclusion, I hate goodbyes and I hate monday mornings
but I hate them even more when they leave me alone
without my favorite person.






1 comment:

  1. I used to hate saying goodbye to my husband back when he was my boyfriend. Life was one big ol' countdown calender back then. But at least the hellos were wonderful :)
    P.S. I totally cracked up about the town that only exists because Sweet Home Alabama was filmed there!

    ReplyDelete